Foxfield F.A.R.M. COVID19 Update June 2020
• Our goal will continue to be to offer our program to Veterans groups in need of a PTSD/mental health that provides an alternative to the medical/psychiatry and opioid approaches. With 22 veterans a day committing suicide in the U.S. and growing numbers who are self-medicating (alcoholism and overdosing on prescription drugs), it offers a natural, anxiety reducing approach that builds self-esteem and self-confidence. Such equine curriculums have been widely praised and accepted around the world.
• Because of the Covid19 issues related to First Responders challenges as well as hospital medical staff personnel, there may be additional participants who need our program
• We will attempt to re-institute S.B. 217 (Prospectus Outline) which we presented to the VA Committee in Hartford, CT in February 2020 (Legislative voting curtailed due to Covid19) or a comparable bill to once again request support for health coverage for equine PTSD programs in February 2021.
• Due to the Covid19 issues is the fact that donations have been channeled to other non-profits and the delay until 2021 for a Legislative vote on the S.B. 217 prospectus, we are now instituting a fee for our groundwork equine program which is outlined below.
• Further to the latter, insurance premiums, feed, veterinarian and farrier maintenance costs have increased and while we continue to self-fund during this time period, basic costs must be covered while no salaries have ever been taken by the F.A.R.M. administrators or any of our Boards since the foundation’s inception in 2016.
• Given the driving need to have alternate approaches to PTSD solutions for more victims of the Covid19 pandemic to reduce basic stress, we anticipate that revenue can be achieved through a fee-based program. This is rationalized by the fact that doctors’ visits and hospital venues have had to reduce/curtail patient services and our program is more participant friendly/healthy in an outdoor venue. The above and our fee schedule below have been fully approved by our Board of Directors as of our annual meeting on June 21, 2020.
There is a $25.00 enrollment fee to confirm participation in the program. This fee is waived if the 6 week program is paid for in advance. The registration fee is due at the time of submitted registration forms. Cost per session is $100 (two sessions minimum)* with a 20% discount for those participants over 55.
* Additional sessions may be taken up to a maximum of six.
It might also be noted that prior to the virus pandemic, Foxfield F.A.R.M. had been in consideration of initiating appropriate community planning to have an open house to invite future participants and the public to create and share the values upon which our program was created by the founders of this non-profit and have a son who served 5 years in the Navy as an air traffic controller and a father who served in WWII under General MacArthur.